Friday, May 16, 2014

1300 pictures and counting...

I have been in Israel for six weeks.  In those six weeks, I have taken over 1300 pictures.  Some might say that is a lot of pictures and some might say that I'm crazy for not taking more.  Either way, I really want to post them all.  Each one was taken for a reason and has a thought or story behind it.  But, if I really posted them all, who would read about each one and look at ALL those pictures?  I don't even think I would....

Here are a few.  If you want to see more, feel free to email me.  I still have 1278 more I can share.
At the Under The (Western) Wall Tour. Much of Israel's great history is underground!
A night of great memories during Passover Dinner with new family and friends.
(Intently) learning how to spin yarn in Nazareth Village.
The Israeli State bird: the Hoopoe, pronounced "hu-pu".
 Jewish Cemetery that holds over 150,000 graves, below is the Kidron Valley and the distant view is Jerusalem. This picture is taken from the Mount of Olives.
Caesarea National Park 
Personal bubble...what personal bubble?  The Israeli way is to pack 'em in. And when no more can fit, or breathe for that matter, it's time to squeeze in three more.  This is in the Cable Car up to Masada National Park.  Thank goodness for the air vents to let in the hot, stuffy air and to let out the rank smell of fresh B.O.
Stairway down to the cistern at Masada National Park. The second photo is from inside of the cistern.
A view of the Dead Sea from Masada N.P. Notice the salt beds at the water's edge.
Masada N.P.
David Falls at Ein Gedi Reserve and National Park. Ein Gedi is called "the Oasis in Israel".  It is right next to the Dead Sed.
Floating (not swimming) the Dead Sea. If you have any scratches or ouchies, entering into the Dead Sea in like inflicting torture onto yourself.  Also, don't shave before you go (SOMEONE probably learned this lesson the hard way) or get the "water (salty-liquid torture)" in your eyes or mouth in fear of instant mummification. There are big tubs of natural/mineral mud that you can place on your skin to have a full body "mud mask".  My skin felt amazing afterward! Also, there were lots of Speedo's there. Those pictures get their own post...
Geological investigation of this "tiny" Corinthian pillar at Beit She'an National Park.
View of Tel-Aviv from Jaffa. The sand there is fine and soft, like cornstarch! The second is of a picturesque road in Jaffa.

The guys took me on a date to Jaffa! They were perfect gentlemen and showed me all the cools spots, like the bat house, the cannons, how to order a "pizza bagel" and a hanging orange tree!

1 comment:

  1. I'll take 50 more pics please!! What cool experiences!

    ReplyDelete