Saturday, April 26, 2014

Tost in Lranslation and Other Novelties

So, just to confirm...no buff guys in red speedos are allowed? Are speedos of other colors allowed? Is this offense so common that it warrants signage?
 
Because of my face, this picture almost didn't make the post.  The longer you look, the scarier it gets. I'm not joking. Don't try it and please have small children look away. But look at the size of those shaddock's, they're gi-normous!
 
 
Are you prone to being too silly or cheesy? Do you feel like you always make the wrong joke at the wrong time? Do you wish you were more refined in your speech? Folks look no further, Israel has your answer.

 
A little piece of home I found in an Israeli grocery store.

Everyone's favorite pizza: tuna fish, fresh jalapeno's, sliced garlic and tomatoes. And, of course, white mystery cheese.
 
This signage is about 2,500 years late.
 
I don't even know.
 
Do you remember the song from the children's show Sesame Street that sang, "One of these things just doesn't belong here...."? Well, I felt like that song was fitting for this cup.  I had to cut it open so you could get the full effect. As you can see, the top two rows show various types of coffee beverages. The bottom row shows what you would need to make those beverages of deliciousness.  I'm not sure where to find the drive-thru coffee stand that would allow a person to choose the fifth item from the left. If anyone knows, can you please tell me where and how it's legal. And, which listed beverage would it even go into?

I am not adding this picture to be disrespectful of the people and their religious attire, but....that FUR hat and LONG, BLACK trench coat has to be so hot!!
 
So, basically, "do not enter"??
 
"Member's Only" beach. Not accepting new applicants or visitors.

2 comments:

  1. These are hilarious! Thank you for sharing! And the coffee cup is so educational, I had no clue what the differences were for each one :-) and I think item 5 must be a garnish for any? Trench + fur hat=style and comfort sacrifice=very very good deodorant

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love reading your blog posts! What a cool experience you are having! I can't wait to hear all about it over a haircut and playdate when you get home. Now to go put some whiskey in my coffee...who knew?!?

    ReplyDelete