Sunday, June 15, 2014

Road Trip: Viva Las Jordan, Part I

As if living in Israel isn't amazing enough, I just got back from the most wonderful, refreshing, surprising, and beautiful road trip.  I was included in the family vacation (for the family I'm working with).  We all travelled to Jordan!  It was truly a trip of a lifetime and I am so grateful.  I learned so much about the Jordanian people.  They are kind, friendly, cordial, heartfelt, and genuine. The negative to side to Jordan: it is blazing, scorching, blistering, and sweaty hot.  It's dusty/sandy, dry, and windy. All. The. Time.
I cannot name to best part of the trip because it was all so different and amazing.  One experience that made the trip extra excellent was our driver.  We were not allowed to bring our two Israeli vehicles into Jordan.  So, we walked across the border, went through passport security, and met our pre-arranged driver named Yassar.  He worked for a tour/travel company and he accompanied us on all of our outings.  He gave us accurate, in-depth, and fascinating history on all things Jordan.  He helped us with safe travels and made Jordan filled with great memories. It was a true road trip!  All nine of us smashed into his van and travelled all around Jordan (I'm sure you can guess which one is Yassar)!
My favorite #1: Petra, Jordan
Petra was not like I  pictured it.  I underestimated its magnitude and awe-inspiring beauty. The rock against the bright sky and the array of colors were breathtaking.  Just like any place of beauty, pictures only capture a mere snapshot of its true form.
One of the best pictures of the day. A sweet moment with M sleeping on my shoulder.  He told me later that he never falls asleep in the car:
 
More to follow...to be continued in Part II!

2 comments:

  1. Wow so amazing!! A trip of a life time indeed! I need to find a history channel episode to buy in that area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, what an opportunity you are having! I cannot remember how long your commitment there was, but I kinda remember 3-4 months. Wondering what your thoughts are about staying/returning/what's next? Prayers for you as you work and play. Love, Shelley

    ReplyDelete